Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So today Travis had to go to St. George to look at a job up there and decided to take Cole with him.  I got a small glimpse of what my life is going to be like next year (at least 2 days a week while Cole is in preschool) and I have to say, I hated it!!!  I was lonely, and bored.  I had no one to talk to while I was shopping at Costco.  And driving around stinks all alone.  It is no wonder people talk on their phones or text or put make-up on or a million other things in their cars when they are alone, it is boring being alone!!! What am I supposed to do next year all by myself?  I haven't been alone in almost 11 years and I am pretty sure I am nowhere close to being ready for this.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Rather than say all the sarcastic, unhelpful things that spring to mind when I read this, I thought I'd actually offer some useful advice.

First, the time passes a lot faster than you think, particularly when your older ones are getting home earlier in the day.

As for filling your days: Take an institute class (from me). Take piano lessons (from me). Take an aerobics class (and tell them I say "Hi") Meet friends for lunch (OK, I'm up for that one) Volunteer at your kids' school. Attend the stake Humanitarian Day every month. Join DUP (another one I can help you with). Watch all those Lifetime movies your family won't let you watch (on DVR, of course). Read the newspaper. Join the homeowners' association board. Learn to sew. Go to Child Haven and hold the babies. Write a book (that's what I did!)

And don't be surprised - or feel guilty - when you kind of 'get over' missing your little guy while he's gone. He's happy and safe, and you'll discover how great it is to occasionally complete a thought.

Steve, Misti, Madison, and Mason said...

I will have two that you can have any day you want.

Lacy said...

Hey DeNae, I just finished reading your comment, (which I thought I had read the whole way through when you wrote it) I guess that would be the finish a complete thought thing huh! Or I guess it could have been any of the conversations we have had with my kids in the same room that gave you the clue that their isn't a complete thought in my head! Thanks for the great advice, and I will take you up on the lunch and hopefully the piano lessons one day :)

Lacy said...

Oh, thanks Misti! I will take them any day too!!!

camille kempton said...

Well I don't know DeNae but that is very sound advice. I will be in the same boat this fall and even though I say i can hardly wait to have the last child in Preschool, I know I will miss him terribly and won't know what to do with myself. Thanks for the ideas DeNae.