Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to school already???

You know in about May I was so excited for school to be out because then our lives would slow down a little and I would be able to get so much done. Things like working out every day and going to the grocery store! Well here I am the last saturday before my kids go back to school, I don't think I worked out more than 3 times the entire summer, and I haven't seen the inside of a grocery store in weeks! Why is it that the "grass is always greener on the other side" theory is always so true for me? I am thinking how sad I am my kids are going to be gone all day again, but also now I can get everything done I need to do everyday! Ha, this time I am going to out smart the "grass" theory and just realize our lives are crazy busy and I never have time to get everything done I need to.
I truly am sad school is starting already. I love having my kids home, and not worrying about homework! And I especially love we get to sleep in (my kids don't even roll over until about 9:30 in the morning now!) But I am also excited for the new adventure of a new school year. Baylee is beginning a new phase in her life and I am so excited for her. She is an incredible person and I know she is going to do great in middle school. Tori and Kade both have great teachers, and they both have a lot of friends in their classes. I LOVE our elementary, we really do have the best principal in the world. And Cole is starting his school career in the absolute best pre-school ever. We have been so blessed to have all 4 of our kids attend Mrs. Purcell's school. She is a loving, kind, beautiful woman who has been such a blessing in our lives. I just hope she is ready for Cole, cuz he's nothin' like the other kids!
Today we decorated Travis' seminary room. He is really looking forward to teaching seminary again this year. He is such a great example to our family of service. He loves the gospel and he loves working with the youth. Seminary has been a really challenging calling for him as well as us but it has been a huge blessing in our family and I am so glad he gets to do it again this year.
So, whether we are ready or not here comes another school year full of homework, projects, and hopefully lots of really great memories! Oh, and I totally intend on being super organized and making to the grocery store at least once in the next week or so :)

3 comments:

Faith said...

I know! I had a lot of projects that didn't get done, and goals not completely reached. You forget that just because they'll be home, and you have less driving, you won't get any more done, because they're all home! I also get a bit of the grass is greener syndrome! Good luck this week.

Jill Johnson said...

Let me know how that grocery store/organization thing goes. How do we get to the point where we are so busy we have no time, and how do we go back? Crazy! One day when our kids are grown we will look back and wish we could do it all over again. Makes me cry!

Lacy said...

Jill, I tried to be way organized and even grocery shop this week. So my kids decided to go and get sick and miss half the week of school! I now feel your pain from your kids being sick and not going back to school when they totally were supposed to!