Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Injuries

It has been a tough week on feet at our house! Tori crashed on her scooter and we thought for sure she had broken her foot. Her and I headed to the emergency room. My wonderful mom met us there and took Cole. I don't know what I would do without her! No matter what, if I need her, she is there the second I call, love ya mom! Anyway, turned out to be just sprained and they sent us home with a set of crutches. It has put Tori out of competing until January though.
Then on Monday Cole was trying to get a popsicle out of the freezer and dropped a package of frozen meat on his toe. We went to the dr. yesterday because the pressure just wasn't releasing and they burned a hole in his toenail to relieve it.
Our house is not a safe place to have your left foot these days :)


Oh, and just as a side note.... My sadness at being all alone a couple of mornings a week is GONE! I have a new found love of actually getting things done alone :)

2 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

Olivia did that to her toe once. It was more painful than her broken arm. I can't imagine. Poor little boy!

Unknown said...

Oh, Tori looks so sad! And yeah, that freezer is just a big ol' box of slippery bricks waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting!!

Glad you're feeling better about having some "Lacey" time! Coming to institute??