Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Oh how I love Mother's Day!  Travis let me sleep in, but I woke up earlier than he thought I would so he hadn't cooked breakfast yet.  Ya, it was 9:30 but he was surprised I was up "so early".  He made me french toast stuffed with cream cheese and fresh orange juice.  He is so good at thoughtful gifts.  He took a deck of cards, gave each of the kids 10 and they all wrote things they love about me on them.  How cool is that! Plus I got a 6 pack of bottled coke with limes and a gift card to Sonic.  And I got yellow roses.  Yup, I was pretty spoiled!
I went in to snuggle Cole because he was still in bed when I woke up.  In his sleepy voice he told me, "Happy mothers day mom. You can do anything you want today.  Except skip church, you have to go to church."  I thought that was so cute!  As crazy as he is, at least he knows where we are supposed to be on Sundays!
After church we went to Robin and Janet's house for dinner.  It was so relaxing and yummy.  The men and kids did all the work so all we had to do was hang out and chat.  I am so blessed to have such great family!  We stopped at my mom and dad's after dinner so we could tell mom happy mother's day.  It's kind of hard to have both parents live in the same place as us only because we feel bad to not spend the holiday with one or the other.  But our parents are pretty understanding and we love them for it!

1 comment:

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

You DID get spoiled! That's so cute what Cole said about doing anything you want but skipping church haha! He's so cute! And I totally agree with it being hard living close to both families and trying to spend every holiday with them...it gets kinda crazy.