Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring Break in Playa Del Carmen

For Spring Break we were lucky enough to get to go to Playa Del Carmen with Mark, Lanae and their family and my mom and dad. We can't wait to go back!
This is the resort we stayed at.

Tori should seriously always be on vacation. She does the look so well :)
We rented a van for a day and went "touristing". This was the coolest restaurant I have ever been to. It was on the beach in Akumel where Mark took us to snorkel and eat.

This was the girls in their ziplining gear. I wish I would have taken a picture of Cole's shoes. He had on crocs so the guy taped his shoes on so they wouldn't fall off while he was zip lining. I don't think that would happen here lol. The zip lining was so awesome and definitely one of everyone's favorites of the trip.
Travis was taking a little nap in between touring the caves and zip lining in Akuchen. Apparently this region of Mexico is known for their hammocks. There were hammocks everywhere we went.
This is our tour of the caves. They are not very protective of their stalagmites and stalagtites in Mexico.

The resort had awesome pools. It also had a couple whirlpools that Cole and Uncle Mark would get in every afternoon and be "sharks". I didn't get a picture of those though :(
Can you believe how beautiful that water is!!!
(And those girls are incredibly beautiful as well)


LaNae, Charlee, Baylee, and I decided we would try out scuba diving in the pool to see if we wanted to learn how. It was pretty cool, but I'm still not sure I want to be under the ocean!

We spent lots of time eating of course.

This was Cole bartering with the Mexican salesman. I think he actually got a good deal just because he was cute!


This is where we spent the majority of our time. Sitting under the palapas on the beach!



No comments: