Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Travis turns 40 :)

I wanted to have a surprise party for Travis for his 40th birthday but couldn't figure out what to do. But my friend Jill said we should have it at Tacos El Gordo (she loves it as much as we do hehe). So I thought what would be even better than that would be for Tacos El Gordo to come to us. Bob talked to the manager there, and sure enough, they would do ANYTHING for Bob! (everyone loves him :) When I had originally planned to do it the weather was supposed to be super bad so I decided to wait until the 30th of April thinking that the weather is always nice in Vegas by then right? Well, not so much! It wasn't horrible, just kinda windy and too cold to really be outside the entire night. Mark suggested we have the party at his house because there was no way I would be able to get rid of Trav all afternoon to do it at our house. Baylee and my mom did all the decorating. Wade did pretty much all the running around and organizing. And LaNae and her kids cleaned so we could have a party there. A lot of our friends came and it was a ton of fun! Travis said he was really surprised, I hope he was! The one funny thing though was that day I asked him where he wanted to go to dinner. (we were going on a date he thought) He had got a "bug" in Mexico over Spring Break and had been sick since we got home. He said, "I don't care where we go, just as long as it's not Tacos El Gordo." Well.... surprise honey, that's whatcha got lol

We rented a margarita machine. The guy couldn't understand why we weren't having kids there, but we didn't want alcohol in it!
I


Bay and mom hung up giant pictures of Trav.





mmmm.... Tacos!




After dinner we played Minute To Win It games in Mark and LaNae's garage. (thanks for sweeping it out for us Charlee :)





And of course Bundt Cakes for dessert!

1 comment:

kesandrach said...

This looks like a lot of fun! How crazy you had the food come to you!