Friday, January 6, 2012

Family Gift Exchange

We draw names every year in our family and exchange gifts on Christmas Eve. This year Kade had my name. He kept telling me he got me a Razor. He actually had me slightly convinced! He told me all about it. It was the Robby Gordon one. It had off road suspension. No doors, just like I wanted. I logically knew there was no way we could afford it, but he wouldn't give it up. Well it turns out, I didn't get a Razor of course. But this is the note that Kade gave me with my gift.
It says, "Dear mom and dad, I love you and I did not get you a Razor. It will be way too much money. So I got you a necklace thing. It sounds so boring but it is cool." And the necklace thing is very cool :)

What he (Travis) did give me was so very thoughtful! I had pinned this idea for a necklace holder on Pinterest and Travis saw it. He bought all the stuff for it and hung it up for me. I think that is pretty amazing. I have the best husband in the world! And Kade did a great job NOT telling me what he got me for Christmas lol.
Cole has been the funnest person to give gifts his entire life, and this year was no exception. Tori had his name. She loves to rollerblade and thought that giving Cole roller-skates would give her someone to skate with :)
He was very excited to say the least. This is him "thanking" Tori.
She got him all the stuff to play street hockey as well. He can't really skate, but he sure can pose.

Baylee had Travis's name. She got him a video camera that he can mount on his helmet or 4 wheeler when we are riding. This is a video from when he put it on Bay's helmet. She also made him a super soft blanket for when he is watching TV at 3 in the morning cuz he can't sleep :)

Tori thinks she got the best gift of all. Travis got her her very own refrigerator for her bedroom. She has super important stuff in there. Like a Coke she got for Christmas, an orange and left over chocolate. :)

Cole had Baylee's name, and believe it or not this is actually what he wanted to get her. It has her initials on it. This was the one gift that I honestly did not think was going to get here. We had ordered it December 5th and we never received any shipping confirmations or anything on it. It finally arrived on the 23rd thank goodness!

I had Kade's name. I got him a super cool helmet for riding his 4 wheeler. Unfortunately I don't have one picture of it. But it is way cool, and he really liked it :)

No comments: